Geodetic Survey (NGS), in accordance with a series of interagency agreements with the
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), provides airport geodetic control, runway,
navigational aid, obstruction, and other aeronautical data that is critical to the
operation of the National Airspace System. Most of this data is source information
obtained using field survey and photogrammetric methods. This data is used to develop
runway approach procedures and obstruction charts. |
|DATE OF LATEST EDITIONS
- The DOLE (Dates of Latest
Editions) is a tabulation of published Airport Obstruction Charts (AOC's), listed
alphabetically by state, then associated city, then airport name. Also listed are FAA
identifier, AOC Number, edition number and AOC publication date.
- The Area Navigation Approach (ANA) Obstruction Survey Index is a tabulation of published ANA Obstruction Survey projects, listed alphabetically by state, associated city, and airport name. Also listed are: FAA identifier, AL (or AOC) number, published date and approaches surveyed.
|Airports with NGS established PACS and SACS
- PACS and SACS
are a control station established in the vicinity of an
airport and tied directly to the National Spatial Reference System.
This control consists of permanent marks with precisely determined
latitudes, longitudes and elevations. PACS and SACS are designated by
the National Geodetic Survey and must meet the specific siting,
construction, and accuracy requirements.
- The ASP Airport Photo Gallery
contains 100 dpi scanned images of airport photo center shots acquired
at airports throughout the United States in recent years.
|AIRPORT SURVEY STATUS REPORTS
Survey Tracking Report provides the current status of each airport selected by the FAA
for an Area Navigation Approach (ANA) survey or a FAR 77 Obstruction Charting survey.
- FAA No. 405, Standards for Aeronautical Surveys and Related
Products, 4th ed. (September 1996) is available in Adobe
Portable Document Format (.pdf). The Change 1 to FAA No. 405 is also
available. Go To FAA No. 405
- Instructions for Contract Survey Work:
The General Guidance And Specifications For Aeronautical Surveys, Vol. A, Establishment Of Geodetic Control And Submission To The National Geodetic Survey;
Final Draft (September, 2004) is available in Adobe (.pdf) format and
MicroSoft Word format. Go To
Establishment of Geodetic Control on Airports Page.
- NGS manual Runway End, Stopway End, and
Displaced Threshold Identification for Surveyors,1st. ed.
(January 1998) is available in Adobe (.pdf) format. Go To Runway Manual
|OTHER AERONAUTICAL DATA
- The NOS Data Explorer provides a map interface
that retrieves a subset of NGS's control point datasheets and aerial photography in
addition to many other National Ocean Services (NOS) products.
- ADS - Aeronautical Data Sheet (NGS Form 292) - includes
virtually all aeronautical data NGS acquires for airports.
- AIRPORT OBSTRUCTION CHARTS a 1:12,000 scale graphic
depicting Federal Aviation Regulations Part 77 surfaces , a
representation of objects that penetrate these surfaces, runway, taxiway, and apron areas;
navigational aids, prominent airport buildings, and other planimetric detail in the